In order to get satisfactory tip life, especially using LEAD FREE alloys the following should be taken into account.
· Our experience shows that 90% of solder joints using JBC tools can be performed successfully at 350ºC (660ºF), in any case it is not recommended to exceed 370ºC (700ºF).
· The force applied on a soldering iron should not be more that it’s own weight.
· To prevent the tip from oxidizing and corroding fresh solder should be added before putting the iron back in its stand.
· Adapt the tip size correctly to the solder joint.
· Do not apply abrasive surfaces to clean the plated area.
· Use a mild flux.
· Keep sponges clean and damp, not swamped.
· Only use original JBC sponges; other sponges may contain substances that reduce tip life.
· Use distilled/de-ionized water and avoid tap water; tap water contains substances that reduce tip life.
· Only use tip re-tinner when absolutely necessary; when the tip is oxidized and cannot be cleaned using the sponge or other non agressive cleaning methods.
Using the JBC Tools exclusive heating system, compact stations suit your soldering and desoldering needs in the minimum footprint.
The perfect solution for precision soldering jobs.
For soldering in general electronic applications.
The solution for soldering and desoldering by using microtweezers.
Soldering station with a solder feed iron for intensive or free single-handed jobs.
Desoldering station with electric pump for precision jobs.
For precision desoldering jobs by using a pneumatic pump.
JBC Tools premium stations are complete modular kits suggested by JBC to satisfy all your soldering or desoldering needs.
They are designed for industrial and extensive use with the JBC exclusive heating system that increases work efficiency thanks to its fast temperature recovery.
The range includes different models, from micro work using Nano stations to the highest power requirements using the Heavy Duty station.
JBC Tools modular range is a combination of stackable control modules to get your complete personalised set-up.
All you need to do is choose a control unit according to the number of tools you need. Every control unit is compatible with all JBC tools.
All the units incorporate JBC's exclusive heating system that increases work efficiency thanks to its quick temperature recovery.
For a basic working system, you need:
Yes, you can.
When you purchase a JBC RMSE rework station you will not get them though. You will have to purchase them separately and don’t forget the stand for them!
It is possible because the tip has an extremely fast thermal response.
On a conventional iron’s tip there is a strong drop in temperature while the tip is transferring the heat to the board. If the thermal response is slow, the tip does not have the time to recover the temperature, especially if a series of solder joint is performed. This is the reason why the operator is used to select a higher temperature, resulting in short tip life and PCB / component damage.
Our experience shows that 90% of solder joints using JBC tools can be performed successfully at 350ºC or less, in any case it is not recommended to exceed 370ºC.