Vision Engineering Mantis Elite - 3D Visual Inspection Microscope
Need advice? Have a question? Want a demo?
- The Mantis Elite is an ergonomic eyepieceless stereo microscope, offering superior optical performance with magnification options up to 20x, making it a perfect alternative to more traditional inspection stereo microscopes.
- Mantis Elite is a patented 'eyepieceless' stereo microscope, offering truly superb 3-D imaging and unparalleled levels of comfort, reducing operator fatigue and increasing quality and productivity.
- Winner of numerous industry design awards, the outstanding ergonomic design is unrivalled by other inspection stereo viewers.
- With magnification options up to 20x, Mantis Elite is the high performance stereo viewer of choice for a wide range of precision tasks requiring magnification.
Please contact sales office for quotation
- 2x - 20x magnification options (2 in quick change turret)
- Superior ergonomics for fatigue free viewing and increased quality/productivity
- Superb hand-eye co-ordination for inspection and manipulation tasks
- Long working distance and large field of view
- True color, LED illumination providing up to 10,000 hours of shadow free viewing
- Choice of stands and accessories to suit numerous applications.
- Mantis Elite-Cam variant, with internally integrated USB2.0 digital camera
Fatigue-Free Stereo Viewing
- Patented optical technology not only provides superb 3D imaging, but also allows operators freedom of head movement.
- Superior ergonomics leads to greater productivity, increased throughput, improved quality control as well as minimal fatigue. Users are also able to wear glasses, if required.
- Mantis Elite is a perfect alternative to traditional stereo microscopes, in use throughout the world for a wide range of inspection, preparation and manipulation tasks requiring hand-to-eye co-ordination.
Mantis Elite 3D Inspection System Details
- Since its introduction, Vision Engineering's Mantis has become the accepted standard for ergonomics and high performance magnification with over 150,000 installed units worldwide.
- "Wow"The most common reaction when looking into a Mantis for the first time...
- Patented eyepieceless technology provides the Mantis Elite with truly exceptional 3-D imaging, plus a significant ergonomic advantage over conventional stereo microscopes, minimizing operator fatigue and allowing the greater freedom of head movement, leading to increased quality and productivity.
- Mantis Elite offers a large field of view and generous working distance to allow for a wide range of inspection, preparation and manipulation tasks, all with exceptional hand-eye coordination.
Price and Performance
- Mantis incorporates the most modern advances in optical design with LED illumination and a small footprint, giving a great price/performance ratio.
Features and Benefits
- Advances in optical design allow your eyes and hands to work together resulting in increased throughput, accuracy and reduced scrap and rework.
- 2x - 20x magnification options with quick change turret allows users to switch between low magnification inspection and high magnification fine detail tasks.
Price and Performance
- The latest generation of Mantis incorporates the most modern advances in optical design with LED illumination and a small footprint, giving a superb price / performance ratio.
Ease of Use
- Increased head and body freedom for the operator leads to greater productivity, increased throughput, improved quality control and less fatigue.
- Mantis Elite offers simple 3D viewing, with the apparent distance to the viewed object image identical to that of the real object, eliminating re-focusing of the operator's eye; thus reducing the likelihood of fatigue.
- Universal arm for simplicity and flexibility.
- Rigid bench stand for added stability with substage illumination options.
- Articulated arm for applications requiring extended reach, without compromising stability. Optional secondary link extends reach by 5.91" (150mm).
- Floor stand (with articulated arm) for inspection where subjects are immobile, or require a standing position.
The Mantis stereo inspection system is a popular solution for inspecting and manipulating samples under magnification
A range of accessories provides extended reach, increased height and larger working distances to reduce the difficulties of inspection tasks.
|The Episcopic illuminator provides a concentration of light through- the-lens (TTL) to illuminate the bottom and sides of component features, which would otherwise be difficult to view.|
With an iris feature to allow focusing of the light, the Episcopic Illuminator is ideal for the inspection of complex internal/external features, such as bores, pipes, tubes, slots, holes and connectors.
UV/White Light Illumination
|Mantis Elite UV is a variant of Vision Engineering’s Mantis Elite stereomicroscope, offering clear, magnified imaging of UV fluoresced cracks, flaws and coatings.|
The dedicated variant incorporates switchable UV/white light illumination for the combined benefits of stereo magnification and UV inspection, making it ideal for a wide range of specialist and general UV inspection tasks.
|Provides smooth and sensitive control allowing for samples to be accurately inspected. For use with bench stand only.|
- 2x, 4x, 6x, 6x SLWD (Super Long Working Distance), 8x, 10x, 15x and 20x objective lenses are available, to suit different application requirements.Mantis Elite houses 2 objectives in a quick rotate turret, so you can inspect at lower magnification, then switch to higher magnification for detail work.With a 112mm working distance, the 6x SLWD objective is an ideal solution for precision applications requiring both inspection and detail tasks, such as hair restoration and dental laboratory work.Disposable lens protection caps are available to protect your objective lens from damage when soldering, or in similar aggressive environments.
Secondary Link, for Articulated Arm
Keep the workspace clear. A secondary link increases total reach of the Articulated Arm to 800mm, for ultimate flexibility and manoeuvrability.
To discuss your particular requirements in further detail, please contact us.
* cannot be used together with 2x or 20x objective lens
The lens that you would need is completely dependent upon both the application you are undertaking and your personal preference. As a rule of thumb, it is best practice to have as large a field of view as possible when inspecting objects. Depending on the size of the object under view, a lower magnification (4x or 6x) may be better suited for your inspection work, with lenses 8x and above being used where more detailed work is required of the operator.
The Mantis Elite is a stereo microscope that does not have eyepieces. The patented optics of the Mantis have twin optical paths that pass through the single viewing lens as a separate (stereo) optical path. This process similar to that which you would find with a conventional stereo microscope, presenting the user with a highly contracted and highly resolute stereo image.