ESD Wrist Strap Tester
A unique checker that measures the resistance of wrist straps and of wall mounted heel straps, at between 750 kilohms and 35 meg ohms, meeting EN IEC 61340 specifications.
- Wrist band tester measures both high, low fail and pass functions
- Unit has banana socket and 10mm stud
- Required 9v battery
- Low battery indicator
- Testing of your wristband is achieved by placing the jack plug into the socket and wearing the wristband - touch the touch plate.
Standard wrist strap tester has a single test range 0.75 - 35 meg-ohm. (Other resistances available on request) A 9V battery is required.
The instrument has a green light for pass and 2 red lights which indicate either high resistance fail or low resistance fail. A buzzer sounds in any fail situation. The tester will illuminate green if the outlets wiring is correct and the path to earth ground via the equipment groudning conductor is intact. The tester will alarm and illuminate red if either condition is not met.
Supplied with a certificate of calibration. We recommend all test equipment is calibrated annually.
When testing, the operator simply connects to the test via the 4mm banana plug socket.
To test make finger contact with the stainless push button, and “press to test”. A green LED will illuminate for pass or the red LED will illuminate for fail. An audible buzzer will sound if the red fail LED illuminates.
If the resistance through the coil cord wrist band and person exceeds 35 meg ohms the red fail LED will light, if the resistance is below 750 kilohms the red fail LED will light.
If the 9 volt PP3 battery falls below 6.5 volts during test the yellow battery low LED will light.
|ESD Wrist Strap Tester Specification Sheet Size: (177.13 KB)|
- Lower limit : 750k +/-10%
- Upper limit : 35meg +/-10%
- Power : 9 volt alkaline battery
- Dimensions : 129x63x25 mm
- Power Supply 9 volt PP3 alkaline battery.
- Temperature Range Operating 5°C to 49°C (40°F to 120°F) Storage -15°C to +60°C
- Relative Humidity 0% to 90% (non-condensing)
- Accuracy +/- 10%
- Repeatability +/- 10%
- Weight 350g